Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pots, Paint, and a Bird Feeder

I introduced Mary Ellen to playing with pots and spoons. When it started, I was trying to cut down on the noise, while Paul was working on a paper. I thought that we could play a game with throwing her balls into the pot. But, she wasn't interested, and she kept saying, "soup." So, I gave her a spoon to make her "soup." That worked for a while, and as you can see, she enjoyed eating it!



Then, the pot got turned over. I have to admit, I may have helped with this. She loved her drum, and it didn't help with keeping the house quiet. She had a lot of fun, though, and she showed her daddy her drum too, after we drove him away from his work with all of the noise.


Mary Ellen made a bird feeder at story time. She kept saying that she wanted to put it on the tree, but when we went to do it, she wasn't too sure about it. She did go check on it yesterday, and she looks out the window asking for the birds!


And, I introduced Mary Ellen to paint. She loved making her masterpieces, but if the littlest bit got on her hands, she was ready to wash them.

1 comment:

THobbs said...

You get super mommy of the year award in my books!! Mary Ellen is so blessed to have such a wonderful mother! We will have to join in the fun and games with you girls next week. :)